Sunday, June 24, 2012

NY Beauty Quilt Done!

Here it is all done! I just finished putting the binding on today. I had to look back, but the beginning of this quilt dates back four years. Kat came down from Montreal and taught us to paper piece the NY Beauty blocks. I made blocks for about three years off and on again but never in any targeted way. Last year I laid out the blocks I had and pieced the top together. I dropped it off in Glens Falls to have it custom quilted at Distinctive Quilting. I used a black and white wavy striped fabric for the binding.
I think this will definitely be going into the next guild quilt show. Just need to figure out where to hang it in the meantime.

1 comment:

Quiltsmiles said...

Michelle- It is more beautiful in person than it shows in this photo. What a beauty! Jane