I finally finished the Value Dance blocks. Here is a handful of them laid out. As this is the middle of the semester and I officially have my mid-semester cold getting much more done than the required minimum is not going to happen. Instead of quilting I figure I will switch to spending some time sitting next to the tissue box and perusing quilting magazines.
The plan all along for the crumb block quilt was to have applique borders. I worked off and on for the past year tracing, fusing and cutting the various shapes. And then promptly tucked them all away into a project box. Because you need to lay everything out all at once I needed to make sure I had some uninterrupted time and space. So this weekend I divided out the applique pieces into four piles - one for each border piece. It makes sense to only work on one border at a time (less likely for pieces to fall off or get misplaced). After fusing the first border elements I started stitching them down. I will be using a variety of threads, but I am not going for matching each fabric color exactly.