Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving (Day 3)


As it is the holiday I decided to take it easy and only put in a half day of de-construction on the bathroom. Thankfully the ceiling was very cooperative and came down in no time. I also got the trim off the door and window and the took off the baseboards. I also cleared one more small wall of the outer layer of paneling.

The most difficult part of this process is getting all the materials out of the house and out to the dumpster. The process so far to minimize letting all the cold air into the house is to lock Ivan up and carry the stuff to the porch, and once that is done, work from the porch to the dumpster. I will have no use for a stair-master for the next few days.

I am trying to be good about cleaning up as I go and being careful when taking stuff out, but I have caught a few nails laying on the floor so it is 'shoes at all times' till this project is done.

So far everything looks in good condition, not seeing any mold or mildew and other than a few dead bugs around the window no pests have shown themselves (yeah!).

No comments: