Tuesday, May 1, 2012

I Survived Paducah!

 Paducah was both wonderful and overwhelming. The weather was great - usually in the low 80s and partly sunny. It was a bit strange being somewhere where it was full-blown summer, while we were getting snow back home in Saranac. As you can see here even the roses were already in full bloom in KY. These 'Julia Child' roses were at Patti's 1880s Settlement Restaurant.  They smelled wonderful.

I just downloaded all the photos I took during the trip. The AQS show rules does not allow for posting pictures of the quilts online, but you can keep them for your own inspiration. I have over 320 pictures! I also bought the show book that includes a picture of each of of the quilts in the show. We were able to see everything on our list and then some. I will share more details in the next few posts - it will take me a while to sort out my thoughts and impressions.

Today my first mailed box from Paducah arrived. I put most of the books and a few bundles of fabric I bought into a Priority Mail box. The picture is the contents of the first box (this is the small box).  










Here is a list of the books I got:

Adventure & Applique, by Suzanne Marshall
Art and Inspirations, by Yvonne Porcella
Crazy Patchwork, by Alice Wilhoit
Create your own Free-Form Quilts, by Rayna Gillman
Crop Circles: Stained Glass Coloring Book, by Jessica Mazurkiewicz
Hall and Haywood’s Foundation Quilts: Building on the past, by Jane Hall and Dixie Haywood
Kaleidoscope Paper Piecing, by Nancy Mahoney
Magnificent Mosaics, by Jessica Mazurkiewicz
Pieceful Garden, by Mary Sorensen and Jan Wildman
Rotary Cutting Revolution, by Anita Grossman Solomon
Scrap-O-Lator Quilts and More, by Dianne Springer
60 Pieced Quilt Borders, by Judy Laquidara
Two-for-One Foundation Piecing, by Wendy Hill

The ideas and projects and fabrics I bought in Paducah should keep me busy for at least a couple of years!
Still waiting for the big box to show up.

No comments: