Rambling threads, thoughts about quilting, gardening, and life in general.
Sunday, January 9, 2011
The first completed sewing project of the year are two tooth pillows for the youngest niece and nephew. For those of us who were not raised with the luxury of tooth pillows, these are used when kids loose teeth and need the Tooth Fairy to pick up the tooth and leave cash. Apparently the use of small pillows with small pockets on them keep both the tooth and the cash from getting lost in the middle of the night.
So here are the tooth pillows I made. I did not follow any pattern but they are about 4 inches by 6 inches and the pocket is large enough to hold paper money if it is folded in half 3 times. The pillows are lightly stuffed with fiberfill so they are very soft and squishy.
Sure it is a relatively small sewing project - but most importantly it is the first sewing finish of the year - YEAH!
This weekend I also machine quilted a small quilt. I will be working on the binding next week and hopefully I will be blogging about that finish next weekend.