Saturday, November 13, 2010

Quilt Retreat

The Fall quilting retreat was last weekend. The weather was cold, dark, damp and dreary - so pretty much an excellent weekend for staying inside and quilting.



I worked on several projects but didn't think to take any pictures except for this project. The pattern is called 4-Patch Posy. The only reason I did take a picture was that I had all the blocks lined up on the design wall and I didn't want to forget what order I had them in. I originally was going to put all the blocks on-point but I thought it left too much blue background - so on a whim I alternated on-point with straight-on. I was able to sew the columns together at the retreat but will need to sew the columns together later.



One of the quilters at the retreat also makes dolls check out these photos. Jacquie makes and sells patterns for her dolls - you can check them out at her web page: http://offthefloordolls.com/


The first doll pictured she made at the retreat. The other 2 were made a while ago from scraps from other projects their names are 'Left' and 'Over'.



No comments: