As promised here is the second block. While the other block was entirely paper pieced this one is both paper pieced (the star points) and regular piecing (the 4-patches). Since the last block just barely measured 12 1/2 inches, and that was with adding an extra 1/8 inch - for this block I figured I would just automatically add the 1/8th. Well that was a mistake. I ended up having to rip the whole thing apart and re-trim all the blocks. When I did put it all back together I didn't even have to trim it - it came out a perfect 12 1/2 inches.
I have quite a few upcoming quilting deadlines so I got organized this weekend and posted the Quilting Deadlines list on the door in the sewing room. This block was at the top of the list so now I can cross it off - (it is such a great feeling to do that). Next on the list is getting ready to teach a workshop on Fabric Postcards for the guild on March 1st. I want to come up with a couple simple patterns that can be used, and maybe some cards in different stages of construction as examples in the process.