Sunday, March 29, 2009

Practice, Practice, Practice


I love designing, making fabric choices and piecing quilt tops. I even enjoy binding quilts. But the one area that I still find intimidating is the actual quilting of the quilt.
Last summer at the Vermont Quilt Festival I bought two pre-printed mini whole-cloth quilt tops - design specifically to practice quilting. This is the first one. It is only 16x16 inches. I free-motion quilted the middle and used my regular machine foot for the lattice. I used a variety of brightly colored threads so they would show up against the black background. For a first attempt I am pretty pleased with the results.
You can get the pre-printed tops at: http://quiltingstencils.com/.

1 comment:

Quiltsmiles said...

Michelle,
Love it! What would Pat and Bev say, "From Rte 3 on a galloping horse in a snow storm it's just perfect! Hehehe! Just kidding.
It really looks great, nice job. I just had to throw that old adage at you, I hope your office "Blog" got tidied up all right. NIce quilting

Jane