Saturday, April 25, 2009

Catching Up


Hi All,
Its been a busy few weeks. I am finally moved back into my office. The ceiling and lights were replaced after the flood, and the movers brought back my file cabinets and desk. I also have a new computer, printer and phone, so for the past week I have been trying to get caught up with work.

Last Saturday I road-tripped to the Machine Quilters Expo (MQX) in Manchester, NH. A very pleasant trip. Took lots of photos for inspiration. I picked up a free-motion quilting foot for my sewing machine, a couple of books, three spools of thread and just a few small pieces of fabric. (See photo above).

I took this Friday off and tried to get to a few things that I just never seem to have time to do. One of them is to figure out Grandma Toth's sewing machine. I wound some bobbins with some new thread and figured out how to thread the machine. It seems to be stitching fine.
Damon (also had the day off) and I ran to Lowe's for supplies and spent several hours in the garden. Damon is putting in supports for the Hop beds we put in this spring and I was adding compost to our regular raised beds. What we ended up with is a bumper crop of new rocks.



No comments: